Breast enlargement surgery refers to altering the breast size. This method is referred to as Augmentation mammoplasty and is a surgical method performed by inserting implants in the breast. This is a popular procedure in the cosmetic industry as women consider them as a vital part of their womanliness and sense of self and are performed to increase the self-esteem and aesthetic appearance of the women.
There are different types of augmentation mammoplasty such as:
Primary augmentation: Alter the size of the breast
Revision augmentation: To correct the results of any previous surgery
Primary reconstruction: This surgery is performed to replace breast tissue that has been damaged by any diseased condition, injury or trauma.
Why choose Breast Enlargement Surgery
Breast augmentation is valuable for women who have following conditions:
- Breast losing volume and firmness
- Difference in size of each breast
- Too small
Things to consider before Breast Augmentation Surgery
Before the augmentation surgery, our aesthetic surgeon discusses with the patients on few facts that need to be considered. They are discussed below:
- Type of implant – We use FDA approved silicone breast implants for augmentation. These implants are having silicone shells filled with a silicone gel and appear like a natural breast.
- The texture of the implant – The outer surface of the silicone implant can be smooth or textured. Textured implants stick to the skin tissue and prevent the rotation of the implant after placement. This decision has to be taken while considering the size of the chest, and type and size of implant selected.
- Size – Size is a major factor to be decided; too large implant may cause pain in the chest and back while too small implant can be barely noticeable. Our aesthetic surgeon provides sample implants of various sizes that can be inserted into the bra and to see to yourself and decide the right size of the implant.
- Shape – There are oval and round shapes implants available. The patient can choose depending on her aesthetic sense. Profile – Low, medium and high profile implants are available. The low profile implant has a greater diameter and lower projection and this sequence changes with the increase in implant profile.
- The position of placement – The implant can be placed under or over the pectoral muscle. The position of placement is based on the type and size of implanted selected for the surgery.
Breast augmentation surgery procedure
Once all the factors related to the implants are decided, the aesthetic surgeons initiate the procedure. The procedure lasts for almost an hour and is performed under a general anesthetic. The aesthetic surgeon begins by making a small incision in the inconspicuous areas of the breast and the breast implant is placed in the pocket inside the breast. The incision is then closed with sutures or surgical tapes.
The breast will be tightly bandaged and instructions will be provided to reduce the pain and discomfort during the recovery period. At Anew advanced aesthetic day care centre, best breast Augmentation Clinic, we perform breast enlargement for women of all age. We offer the best and latest treatment techniques breast augmentation from well qualified and experienced specialists and aesthetic surgeons. To know more about breast enlargement and treatment cost book an appointment now.